Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Night Fall


As I lay down to sleep,
I think about how, this life i can keep,
Away from sin and treacherous lies,
Which my conscience they defy.


To undo my wrongs is impossible for me,
But redo my rights I will, this you will see.
Trying to bring my soul to how it was once,
A long time ago, when I was given my first chance.


I'm the only one who can save me from pain,
No sum of money can help me to gain,
Because I'm not asking for something that's easy to get,
Staying in silence is now my safest bet.
My eyes are closed, but my mind is running,
I need something to stop me from doing
What's wrong to people i don't want to hurt,
And give myself a brand new birth.

The morning will come, and i'll forget the night,
Because I pray to God to give me the might
To hold myself back from the darkness of sin,
To wipe away how evil I've been.

5 comments:

  1. i completely bowled over by it!!! its amazing! the flow.. the thoughts behind it and the way its written! i have always told you you should write poems! :) you are superb dude! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww...so down to earth...!!!!! nice nice. i like. i like....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well written man ..... awesome ...
    keep it flowing

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep working on rhymes! the last stanza really hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete