Thursday, November 11, 2021

This could just be a blog

I’m just typing all this here in the hope that it will inspire me to begin writing for myself again. Personal writing, whether it’s random words, poetry (I don’t really want to do that anymore though) or even, maybe, possibly… a manifesto? I guess this is the written word’s equivalent of what artists do when they doodle. Do artists doodle? Or is that just reserved for cartoonists? Are cartoonists artists? Am I an artist? Isn’t writing an art form? Literature is considered an art form, yes. So I guess I can call myself an artist. Once, that is, I actually start writing again. Which should be soon. Hopefully. 

I mean I bought a whole new laptop for it, so I’d say I owe it to myself to start writing again. It does help to let emotions and thoughts and feelings out, I’m told, instead of bottling them up. As I’ve been doing for the past… two years now? The last time I posted something on here was in January, 2019. Before the pandemic. Before things started turning to shit. Or was it after? Who even knows now. So much has happened in the last two years. But also, so little. 

This could just be a blog. I have a friend who started vlogging last year, and she’s getting really good at it. I don’t think I’d ever be comfortable enough in front of the camera to do that. So maybe I should just do this — blog. Old school. Write a column. Isn’t that was people used to do a few years ago when “digital content” was all about being funny/sarcastic in a weekly online column, instead of dancing for 10 seconds? Not judging anyone at all, I’m just saying I think I’m going to stick to this for now. Maybe throw in a few photographs now and then. 

Is my life really that interesting? Probably not. I live in Bangalore now. I have a job that I love. A handful of friends I enjoy hanging out with once in a while. My weekends recently have mostly involved movie marathons and drinking and eating some good food at home. I’d honestly rather go out, but getting a group of people who enjoy hanging out with each other without secretly bitching about each other can be pretty hard to put together. 

Oh well, here’s to doing things better. Meeting people. Finally living my life. And yes, blogging. 

(FINE I’M NOT AN ARTIST)

A glass of whiskey in Christopher's dimly lit living room
Cheers ra, mama


2 comments:

  1. Yayyy! 🤗
    Writing for no reason is the best! Journalism has a way of robbing away the joy of writing. I hope you find this therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete