Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Guitar Zero

I haven’t played my guitar for a while now. It’s been lying in the corner of my bedroom, gathering dust (thankfully it’s in a nice foam case so the guitar itself shouldn’t have too much dust on it) and catching my eye every morning.

It gives me this glare that says, “You jerk. I took you through the hardest times of your life, I was a part of every happy and sad moment, right there on your shoulder. And now, THIS is how you treat me? Throw me in a corner next to a rickety old table? Oh and don’t get me started on my sisters. Poor electric was at your first real public performance, and now look at her – bent over, strings rusted beyond recognition and with wires inside looking sicker than your fat ugly face! And of course, my elder sister, your ex. Yamaha’s been bed-ridden ever since you snapped her neck. Yes, don’t think we’ve forgotten what you’ve done to her. To us, you sick freak!”

I keep telling her “I’m sorry, babe. I’ve been busy with work, you know that! I’ve tried…I did go to the store to see if you guys could be done up and back to your former beautiful selves again – of course I’d gone there for a completely other reason (work related, you know). And it’s not like I’m doing this on purpose. You know I’ve always loved all of you. I miss holding you in my arms, caressing your sweet curves, taking in the smell of polished wood and plucking at your strings. You know I want all of that back again.”

And you thought you had girl trouble? Psh. To quote the great Jay-Z - If you havin’ girl problems, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, and my guitars’ one.

Okay so maybe he didn’t say it exactly like that. But you get the drift. I need more time for my music.


No comments:

Post a Comment