Friday, November 16, 2012

The One

I’m not the one you could put your trust in.
I’m the one who was betrayed.

I’m not the one you could crush.
I’m the one who fought back.

I’m not the one you were supposed to end up with.
I’m the one who finished it.

I’m not the one you could take for granted.
I’m the one who gave you up.

I’m not the one you could tie down.
I’m the one who broke free.

I’m not the one you could have lived with.
I’m the one who rose from the dead.

I’m not the one you could walk over.
I’m the one who walked.

I’m not the one you could keep up with.
I’m the one who led the way.

I’m not the one you could keep captive.
I’m the one who let you go.

I’m not the one you deserved.
I’m the one who made the sacrifice.

I’m not the one you were meant to find.
I’m the one you lost.

2 comments:

  1. Love!

    So little said, yet so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like :)
    It's not that emo, you know? Maybe 'cause I see optimism in every alternate line! Just me?

    ReplyDelete